Thursday 28 January 2016

Tom Welling Talks Playing Superman Again on CBS's Supergirl

Tom Welling Talks Playing Superman Again on CBS's Supergirl

Smallville Reprisal?

By Alex Burns



Tom Welling played the role of Kal-El/Clark Kent longer than any other actor during the ten year run of The CW's Smallville series. Fans have often speculated about a return to the role for the actor after we last saw him finally suiting up as Superman for the Smallville series finale. In an interview with Buzzfeed, Welling himself spoke on the matter, specifically addressing coming back to appear on the new Supergirl series on CBS.

"There's people who would like it," Welling said. "There's people who don't like it, but I will tell you that no one has ever asked me to do it. So, I don't know. It would be kind of odd. I don't know who he is at that point. He would obviously be Superman..."

So, that's not a yes, but it's certainly not a no either. To be honest I can't see this happening and I'd much rather see some kind of one-off Smallville special or something like that. I'm a huge fan of the show, I was 11 when the first episode aired and 21 when the series came to a close, I grew up with Tom Welling and even though he spent about 10 seconds in the red cape he's absolutely MY Superman.

We've already had the Smallville Season 11 comic to appease fans hungry for more but heck who wouldn't want to see Welling get a little more screen time as the man of steel? There have been non-stop rumours about the actor also turning up in Arrow or The Flash and with the latter having alternate realities popping up every week, who's to say one of those worlds isn't our very own Smallville TV show! Crazier things have happened...

No comments:

Post a Comment